Hillsborough nature photo contest underway | Arts & Culture
Tampa, Florida - Voting begins today for the ELAPP Calendar Photo Contest. This contest, that celebrates Hillsborough County's natural beauty, highlights Hillsborough County's ELAPP sites.
Voting runs on Hillsborough County's facebook page from July 30 - Oct. 1. Photos will be updated weekly.
Photographs are accepted via e-mail through September 24 to Ross Dickerson, Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department. All photographers, amateurs and professionals of all ages, are invited to submit photos. The sooner you submit your photos from an ELAPP site, the more votes you can get!
Besides being included in the 2013 ELAPP Calendar, the top 12 photos will be featured in County Center window cases, posted on the County's website, and used in other Hillsborough County publications.
Qualifying photos will be posted on the County's Facebook Page.
From July 30 - October 1, the public is invited to participate in selecting the best photos by clicking "Like" on their favorite photo. The Facebook photo album will be updated weekly. A panel of judges from the Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department will select up to 20 percent of the top voted photos for selection to the calendar in order to have the broadest representation from more than 60 ELAPP sites.
By submitting a photograph for consideration in the County's ELAPP Calendar Photo Contest, the person sending such submission is certifying and acknowledging that:
- "he/she is the photographer and owner of the photograph;
- he/she has obtained the permission of the person(s) whose image appears in the photograph to use such person's image and to publish said photograph;
- in the case of minor children (children under the age of 18), that the photographer has obtained the written permission of the minor child's parent or guardian to use the child's image and to publish said photograph;
- he/she gives Hillsborough County, Florida (the "County") permission to use, publish and print the photograph on/at the County's Facebook Page, the 2013 ELAPP Calendar, the County Center, the County's website, and other County sites, locations and publications for a period of five (5) years beginning on the date the photograph is submitted to the County for consideration in the ELAPP Calendar Photo Contest;
- his/her participation in the ELAPP Calendar Photo Contest is voluntary and that he/she will not receive financial compensation of any type associated with the taking, publication or marketing of the photograph; and
- the County's use and publication of the photograph confers no right of ownership of the photograph to the County whatsoever."
For more information, contact Conservation Services at 813-672-7876.