Hernando Sheriff's Office sergeants selected to attend Leadership Academy | Community Spirit
Brooksville, Fla. -- The Hernando County Sheriff's Office has announced that two of its members will attend the Florida Leadership Academy.
Detention Sergeants Todd Dane and Tracey Valentine were selected to attend the academy in Dade City the week of May 21. The Leadership Academy is designed to provide first-line supervisors with the knowledge and skills needed to become more effective and first-rate leaders in today's criminal justice environment.
In order to be selected to attend the Florida Leadership Academy, each participant has to be nominated by his or her supervisor and have the pledging support of the agency's chief executive. Participants must demonstrate increasing leadership responsibilities, as well as a potential for advancement beyond their current position.
"I always try to encourage individuals who show the desire to grow withing the organization," Sheriff Al Nienhuis said about the appointments. "I am excited that two of my Detention Sergeants have the opportunity to attend the Florida Leadership Academy. I am sure they will become extraordinary leaders here in Hernando County."
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood