Man gets 20 years for his part in murder | Crime
TAMPA, Florida (AP) - A Tampa Bay area man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for participating in a murder.
A Hillsborough County judge sentenced 36-year-old Randy Allen Morris on Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and kidnapping.
Five suspects were charged in the May 2010 death 26-year-old Robert Mason Brewer, who was attacked during an argument at a party.
So far, 22-year-old Brendan Terry received 30 years for second-degree murder and kidnapping, 40-year-old Rosanna DiMauro received 10 years for being an accessory after the fact to first-degree murder, and 20-year-old David Link received almost three years for being an accessory after the fact.
Still awaiting trial is 22-year-old Kasey Ackerman, who authorities say actually killed Brewer. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him