Trial delayed for man accused of throwing baby onto I-275 | Crime
TAMPA, Florida - The trial of a man accused of kidnapping his girlfriend's infant son and then throwing him out of a speeding car has been pushed back.
Richard McTear is charged with the death of 3-month-old Emanuel Murray. Investigators say McTear threw the baby from his car onto Interstate 275 near Fowler Avenue in early May, 2009.
On Wednesday, the judge said McTear's trial will not happen until some time in 2013. Several penalty phase motions were also filed, which the judge is expected to rule on either Thursday or Monday.
McTear faces the death penalty in this case.
Previous coverage of the Richard McTear case:
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood