Deputies make arrest in stabbing death over $10 in pot | Crime
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Police have arrested a man accused of fatally stabbing someone over $10 worth of marijuana.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies say 24-year-old Gerardo Rivera-Pagan is being held in jail on first-degree murder charge. They say he stabbed Ovidio Sanchez on Dec. 23 after he fought with Rivera-Pagan's friend at Angel's Smoke Shop on W. Waters Avenue.
The Tampa Tribune reports Sanchez confronted 19-year-old Luis Rivers and stabbed him several times.
Authorities say Rivers was covered in blood when he went into a convenience store seeking help. He was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition last week.
According to deputies, Rivera-Pagan then fatally stabbed Sanchez and dumped his body in a drainage ditch.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood