Police: Drunk man rides motorized shopping cart at Walmart | Crime
Brooksville, Florida -- Police say a man is facing felony charges after taking a drunken joyride through a Brooksville Walmart.
Officers were called to the Walmart on 7305 Broad Street Sunday night in reference to an intoxicated man. Arriving officers found 48-year-old Timothy Carr riding around in a motorized shopping cart, knocking items off the store shelves.
As Carr drove around on the car, he reportedly drank from an alcoholic beverage he had taken off a shelf.
When confronted by police, Carr admitted he did not have money to pay for his beverage.
Carr was arrested for disorderly intoxication and retail theft. Because Carr had twice been convicted for retail theft before his latest arrest, Sunday's charge was upgraded to a felony.
Carr is currently at the Hernando County Jail on $2,150 bond.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood