'No free refills' sparks McDonalds fight | Crime
Spring Hill, Florida -- In this economy, it seems everyone wants something for free.
But one man apparently took that too far, when deputies say he became irate after he was told he couldn't use an old cup for a free refill at a Spring Hill McDonalds.
Deputies say Michael Quinn, 24, and his girlfriend brought two "old or used" McDonalds drink cups into the restaurant on June 3.
When he was told he was not allowed a refill and that refills are only for dine-in customers, he "became very belligerent and began to curse at [the woman]," according to the arrest report.
Quinn walked out of store but later came back to the window and showed a five-inch long knife, deputies say.
He then "told [the woman] to come outside so he could cut her up," according to the arrest report.
The woman called 911.
Quinn was arrested on an aggravated assault charge and transported to the Hernando County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood