CPA arrested for mishandling over $500K in funds | Crime
Wauchula, FL -- A Wauchula CPA was arrested Nov. 14 after detectives say he had been embezzling money from various trust accounts.
Michael Douglas Manley, 52, was the subject of a criminal investigation after a Hardee County sheriff received information of possible improprieties against Manley.
After a preliminary investigation with the sheriff's office and the FDLE, detectives say it appears Manley has been embezzling from various trust accounts where he was a trustee and that he mishandled funds in excess of over $500,000.
He is being charged with Larceny in the First Degree of over $100,000 and Money Laundering with transactions over $100,000. He is being held on $200,000 bond.
Anyone who had Manley as a Trustee or Signatory should get in touch with Detective Sgt. Johnny Shivers at 863-773-0304, ext. 260.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him
- Fort Hood shooting victim's body to return to Florida