27th Annual Weeki Wachee River Christmas Boat Parade | Entertainment
Weeki Wachee, FL-- There's no place like...your boat...for the holidays? Well, those aren't the traditional lyrics, but that seems to be the song Weeki Wachee Marina is singing as their Christmas Boat Parade approaches.
The parade will begin at the Marina on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. Boats will float through Rogers Park and Bayport Pier, and end at the Upper Deck Restaurant for an after party.
Boaters are encouraged to join in the parade, and deck their boats with boughs of holly (or any other holiday decor) to be judged for creativity, theme and originality.
It's free to enter, though organizers will accept donations of gift cards, cash or a new, unwrapped toys to be donated to the Hernando County Dawn Center.
Not a boater? Don't worry; you may watch the parade for free at Rogers Park or Bayport Pier.
If you would like to enter your boat, or find out more information contact Jim Lanier Jr. of the Weeki Wachee Marina at (352) 596-2852.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood