Nature Coast Birding and Wildlife Festival | Environment
Make plans to celebrate the rush of migrating wings north along the Atlantic Flyway over inland Pasco, Citrus, and Hernando counties during the inaugural Nature Coast Birding and Wildlife Festival.
Formerly known as the Chinsegut Birding and Wildlife Festival, the weekend of March 22-24 will feature a variety of programs, activities and tours at several preserves in the tri-county area, including Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail sites Crews Lake Park, Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park on the Pithlachascotee River, Fort Cooper State Park and the Withlacoochee State Forest.
On Saturday March 23, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will host exhibits, demonstrators, vendors and many educational opportunities at Chinsegut Conservation Center in Hernando County.
Florida Scrub-Jays, Burrowing Owls, Red-cockaded Woodpeckers, Bachman's Sparrows, Southeastern, American Kestrels, Limpkins, Florida Sandhill Cranes, Swallow-tailed Kites, Gopher Tortoises, Fox Squirrels, and many species of butterflies are among the birds and wildlife you may encounter during festival field trips and programs.
Be sure to follow www.naturecoastbirdingfestival.com and the festival social media pages to receive festival news and updates.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood