Flood Mitigation Workshop | Environment
Hernando County, FL -- A flood mitigation workshop will be held on Thursday, Sept. 29 at the US Coast Guard Auxiliary building (4340 Calienta St. Hernando Beach) at 6 p.m.
The focus of the workshop will be to discuss preparedness and mitigation efforts for those that live in flood prone areas and to provide information on the following topics:
- The Community Rating System (CRS)
- Flood Insurance, “Do I Really Need It”
- Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)
- What is a Repetitive Loss Property
- What is the Local Mitigation Strategy Committee
- Available Mitigation Grants
Emergency Management Section of the Hernando County Sheriff's Office is aggressively seeking every available resource to address the needs of our citizens who may be affected, directly or indirectly, by storm surge or inland flooding.
For additional information on understanding hurricane evacuation zones, storm surge and flood zones, please visit our website at www.hernandosheriff.org/em and click the Evacuation Information Zone Map.
This meeting is open to the public. Please contact Pam Harris at 352-754-4083 for additional information.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons with disabilities needing special accommodations to participate in this proceeding should contact Pam Harris, 18900 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville. If hearing impaired, please call 1-800-676-3777 for assistance.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood