Sheriff's Association member honored | Events
Avon Park, Florida -- Highlands County Sheriff Susan Benton presented the Florida Sheriff's Association's Distinguished Service Award to Claude J. Ryan last week at the Kenilworth Care Rehabilitation Center. The award recognizes people who have been Honorary Members of the Florida Sheriff's Association for 25 years or more.
Mr. Ryan, originally from upstate New York, has lived in Highlands County for the past 28 years.
Until recently, he lived in the Avon Park area, but currently resides at Kenilworth Care.
He was joined in the celebration by his son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Mark Ryan of the Bellvale, New York area and winter residents of Avon Park.
Also in attendance at the presentation were Chief Deputy Mark Schrader and several other members of the Highlands County Sheriff's Office as well as a number of Kenilworth Care residents and staff.
Mr. Ryan was presented with a 25-year Distinguished Service Award plaque to commemorate the occasion.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood