2012 Great American Teach-In | Events
Tampa, FL-- Public schools throughout Hillsborough County will welcome visiting speakers into their classrooms Thursday, November 15, as part of the annual Great American Teach-In.
The Teach-In is presented by SERVE, the volunteer arm of the school district, and brings professionals and hobbyists into local schools to demonstrate to children the benefits of getting a good education. This year’s volunteer speakers include active members and veterans of the United States Armed Forces; police, firefighters and paramedics; and animal trainers, attorneys, business professionals, chefs, elected officials, entreprenuers, musicians, and School Board members.
Release courtesy of Hillsborough County
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood