Seven Southwest Florida parks to host Real Florida Run Series | Events
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA – "Seven Parks, seven runs and seven new adventures"- That's what the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) says you can expect from the Realy Florida Run Series this year.
The Real Florida Run Series, sponsored by FDEP's South district Office, 3D Racing Inc. and the Run Shoppe, will give residents and visitors alike the opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Florida’s environment.
The runs will take place every Sunday afternoon starting Feb. 10 and ending on March 24. Each event features a 5K run or walk and a 10K run.
Participants can register for each of the races individually or receive a discount if the runner registers for all seven races. Awards will be given out at each race for the top three men and women in each category. For runners who participate in all seven runs of the race series, there will be a Grand Prize awarded to the top three men and top three women over-all.
The events will take place:
- Lake Manatee State Park
- 20007 State Road 64
- Paynes Creek Historic State Park
- 888 Lake Branch Road
- Bowling Green
- Highlands Hammock State Park
- 5931 Hammock Road
- Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park
- 12301 Burnt Store Road
- Punta Gorda
- Koreshan State Historic Site
- 3800 Corkscrew Road
- Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park
- 137 Coastline Drive
- Little Manatee River State Park
- 215 Lightfoot Road
Register at www.active.com and search for the Real Florida Run Series, or register at the Run Shoppe, located at 3512 Del Prado Boulevard, Suite 107, Cape Coral. Registration fees are $20 for 5K races and $30 for 10K races. For questions regarding the run series please contact Arielle Poulos at 239.344.5686 or Arielle.Poulos@dep.state.fl.us.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood