Free back-to-school physicals & immunizations | Families
Hillsborough County, Florida-- Hillsborough County Public Schools and the Back-to-School Coalition of Hillsborough County are co-hosting opportunities for free physicals and immunizations on upcoming Saturdays.
Free school physicals are available to any child entering a Florida school for the first time in grades kindergarten through 12, Public Schools representatives said in a recent release.
They advise that parents or legal guardians must accompany their children at all times, and immunization records are required for children to receive free immunizations.
No sports, Head Start, or day care physicals will be available.
The schedule for free physicals is as follows:
Saturday, July 28:
- 9 a.m. - noon in the Florida Hospital Carrollwood auditorium, 7171 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa Walk-ins only
Saturday, August 4:
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Ed and Myrtle Lou Swindle Medical Arts Center, 1601 W. Timberlane Dr., Plant City Appointment required
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Lee Davis Neighborhood Service Center 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa. Immunizations will be done at the Hargrett building, 2002 E. 26th Ave., Tampa, Appointment required
Saturday, August 11:
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Blake High School Project LINK/St. Joseph’s Hospital, 701 N. Boulevard, Tampa Appointment recommended, but limited Walk-ins are welcome
- 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Tampa General Hospital at Healthpark, 5802 N. 30th St., Tampa 813-844-3247, Walk-ins only
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin, Appointment required
Saturday, August 18:
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the University Area Community Health Center, 13601 N. 22nd St., Tampa, Walk-ins only
- 9 a.m. - noon at Webb Middle School, 6035 Hanley Rd., Tampa Walk-ins only
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 813-443-3048.