Two Highlands restaurants rank among "Terrible 10" with most critical violations | Health
SEBRING, Florida -- Two Highlands County restaurants ranked among WTSP's "Terrible 10" for the most critical violations in a single health inspection over the past 10 months.
The restaurants are Homer's Original Smorgasbord in Sebring and China Buffet in Avon Park, both ranked in the top 10 of all restaurant's in the 10 county Tampa Bay market area including Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Highlands and Hardee Counties.
Homer's ranked 10th with 25 critical violations from their February inspection including temperature violation with blue cheese and macaroni salad, slime on the soda nozzles and an unclean ice chute according to state inspection records.
China Buffet ranked 3rd with 28 critical violations on a March inspection including sushi at 54 degrees and slime in the ice machine.
Watch Beau Zimmer's Restaurant Red Alert Reports every Wednesday night on 10 News at 11 or click here to see previous reports.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood