Gaither Gallops Past Tampa Bay Tech 35-32 | HS Sports
On "Senior Night" at Gaither High School, the Cowboys were looking to keep their playoff hopes alive as they took on the Titans of Tampa Bay Tech.
In the first quarter the Titans struck first blood with a 34-yard field goal from Austin Miller. The Cowboys quickly answered back with an 8-yard touchdown between QB Alex McGough and Shug Oyegunle.
In the second quarter neither team scored, but the third quarter opened up a scoring explosion. The Cowboys scored four touchdowns in the quarter including 25, 49, 80, and 73 yard bombs from McGough to make it 28-10 to end the third quarter.
By the time the 4th quarter rolled around, the Titans finally rallied the troops and notched three touchdowns of their own as QB Deon Cain threw for two and ran another in to bring the Titans to within 3. That is as close as the Titans would get as the Cowboys held on to win 35-32.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood