State Sen. Norman facing ethics allegations | News
TALLAHASSEE, Florida (AP) - Florida state Sen. Jim Norman is facing two probable cause findings of ethics violations but has been cleared of two more serious allegations.
All stem from Norman's service as a Hillsborough County commissioner before being elected to the Senate in 2010.
The Florida Ethics Commission on Wednesday released findings from its closed-door meeting Friday.
The panel found probable cause that the Tampa Republican failed to timely disclose a $500,000 gift to his wife from a political supporter and failed to disclose interest in property and two boats in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
The panel found no probable cause he accepted money to influence a commission vote or that he solicited or accepted a gift from a lobbyist.
Norman can seek a hearing on the probable cause findings.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him