Teen dies in crash while racing another teen | News
BROOKSVILLE, Florida (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a teenager was killed while racing with another teen in Brooksville.
According to a FHP report, 18-year-old Jonathon Parker was racing 19-year-old Paul Snyder down a two-lane road Thursday evening.
As the teens approached oncoming traffic, troopers say Snyder attempted to move into the northbound lane to avoid a collision. His car hit the front left side of Parker's vehicle and both drivers lost control of their vehicles.
Troopers say Parker's car hit a tree and he died at the scene.
Authorities say Snyder fled the scene, but witnesses helped identify him. He was contact by troopers and returned to the scene.
FHP is investigating the crash.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood