Taco Bell gets Doritos Locos Taco | News
Taco Bell restaurants around the country, including ones here in Brandon unveiled the new Doritos Locos Taco Thursday.
Here's the description from the Taco Bell website:
A Taco Supreme® made with premium seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, diced juicy red ripe tomatoes, real cheddar cheese, topped with cool reduced-fat sour cream, in a shell made from Nacho Cheese Doritos® Chips.
You read correctly, a taco shell made from Nacho Cheese Doritos Chips. Sounds very intriguing, right? Well, I got the chance to sample the taco Thursday afternoon in the WTSP Newsroom.
At first glance, the actual Doritos nacho shell is hidden in a cardboard cover. It's designed to keep your fingers from getting sticky with Doritos Cheese. I quickly abandoned the cardboard cover and took my first bite. The Doritos taste was very prominent in the first bite. After that, the sour cream kind of overwhelmed its cheesy flavor. All in all, it wasn't bad. I'm anxious to take my daughters to Taco Bell this weekend and let them try it. I'd recommend it.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him