County cleans up over 8,000 gallons of spilled sewage | News
Spring Hill, Florida -- Hernando County Community Relations has announced the sewer main that broke in the area of Landover Boulevard and Chalmer Street in Spring Hill yesterday has been fixed.
The county says staff worked diligently to contain the 8,700 gallons of sewage that spilled onto Landover Boulevard and the incident was reported to the appropriate State agencies.
The 6-inch sewer main broke around 5 p.m. Wednesday and the repairs on the pipe were finished around 9:30 p.m. Work on the area is expected to be completed this afternoon.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood