Students hold concert after receiving donated instruments | News
Tampa, Florida -- Too often we hear about schools cutting music programs, but some local students are actually being encouraged to share their love and passion for music.
The children were so excited, they wanted to learn more. So their teacher went to the PTA to ask for help, and with its support, they have added more instruments, including steel pan drums, a bass guitar, keyboard and speaker system.
All school year, the students have regularly played guitar and written their own songs. They have also learned to play Caribbean-style music on their steel pan drums, and there is now even a chorus that sings along.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him