Seminole Heights Elementary, surprise visit from Busch Gardens cheetah and dog! | News
Tampa, Florida-- On Monday, June 4, Seminole Heights Elementary School third graders will receive a surprise visit from the Busch Gardens Tampa Bay cheetah and dog, Kasi and Mtani.
Seminole Heights and Temple Terrace elementary schools were selected from more than 30 schools that participated in Busch Gardens’ long-term project studying the cheetah and dog relationship.
Busch Gardens supplied data and resources, such as Kasi and Mtani’s caloric intake and weight, on a blog, and teachers used the information to write lesson plans.
Seminole Heights third graders will shake hands and take photos with Mtani, and learn how the two came to be together.
Temple Terrace Elementary School received a visit from the duo on May 24. .
Release courtesy of the School District of Hillsborough County.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him