No agencies to regulate concealed weapons for RNC | News
Tampa, Florida-- Tampa will not be asking the Federal government, or any state agency, to regulate concealed weapons in the event zone during the Republican national convention.
Councilwoman Lisa Montelione withdrew her request for several reasons.
She says, "If the federal government got involved, secret service would have moved the event zone farther from the Tampa Bay times forum."
The Florida Legislature would have to call a special session, costing taxpayers a lot of money.
"I'm a hopeful realist, but I know when the cards are on the table when to fold."
Rules will stay as they are and concealed weapons will be allowed in the event zone.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him