9-year-old calls 911 on ice cream truck robbery, to receive Heroism Award | News
Tampa, Florida-- Chief Jane Castor will present fourth-grader Desmond Pringley, Jr. with a Heroism Award tomorrow morning in honor of his bravery from earlier this week.
Nine-year-old Pringley, Jr. called 911 when two suspects forced their way into the family's North Highland Ave. home, and began brutally beating his father this past Tuesday.
One suspect, Luis Alberto Morales, 18, was taken into custody on charges of Robbery Home Invasion, Possession of a Firearm during Commission of a Felony, Armed Kidnapping and Armed Trafficking in Cocaine.
The suspect still on the run was described as a hispanic male possible in his 20s, about six-feet-tall and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing an orange dress shirt and black pants.
Anyone with information is asked to call Tampa Police at (813) 231-6130.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood