Family of Aaron Doty sends message to community | News
SEBRING, Fla.-- The family of Aaron Doty, the 20-year-old murdered and set on fire by two men at a party, e-mailed this message sending their love and appreciation to the community:
On behalf of the family, we are humbled by the outpouring of support from the community. Aaron's dad, Jim Doty stated, "In tragedies such as these, many never find their loved ones and never find those responsible. We are thankful for those who assisted in finding Aaron's body. We want to commend the Highlands County Sheriff's Department in the capture of the accused and the handling of all the events which preceded. In our hearts, they are the best organization in the state."
As Christians, we are asking those following this tragedy..... please do not turn this into a message of vengeance and hate. Hate and anger took Aaron from us and it will not bring him back. Aaron's dad, Jim Doty said "I know emotions run strong, but please.... out of respect for our family....we ask you to have a christian heart.
Proverbs 29:11 "A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."
With deepest humbled respect,
Jim Doty and Family
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood