Small trash fire sets house ablaze | News
Tampa, FL -- A family home set on fire this morning after a small trash fire, initially lit to keep bugs away, wasn't properly put out.
Tampa Fire Rescue crews responded to the home, located on the 3000 block of 48th St., at 8:25 a.m.
Fortunately, the fire was only limited to the front corner of the home, and crews were able to quickly contain and extinguish it, reports say.
The residents reportedly thought they extinguished the trash fire, but it was still smoldering when they left the home. The fire started after they left, so no one was injured.
Preliminary reports say the fire caused approximately $1,000 worth of damage to the home.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood