REMINDER: Hillsborough County Offices to close for Veterans Day | News
Tampa, FL-- Here is a friendly reminder that many Hillsborough County offices and facilities will close on Monday, November 12, in observance of Verterans Day.
Closed facilities include the administrative offices of County government, neighborhood service centers, all libraries, all County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, recreation centers, senior centers and nutrition sites.
The specific list is as follows:
- Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Continue Without Interruption: Solid waste collection (including garbage, recyclables and yard waste) in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Service Area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green and New Tampa will continue as usual on Monday, Nov. 12. The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer facilities, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities remain open on a normal Monday schedule.
- Animal Services: On Sunday, Nov. 11, the shelter will be open its usual hours, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., for adoptions and lost pet searches. Visit www.hillsboroughcounty.org/animalservices for animal turn-in hours. On Monday, Nov. 12, Animal Services will be open for special holiday hours from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. to celebrate Pets For Vets. All members of active or retired military can enjoy half-price pet adoption fees, and all adopters on this holiday will receive a patriotic goodie bag. The kennels and customer service counters will be open for adoptions and lost pet searches but not animal turn-ins. A limited number of field personnel will also be on duty for animal emergency response over the holiday by calling the main number at 813-744-5660.
- Fire Rescue: Fire Rescue Administration, the Fire Marshall’s Office, and the Office of Emergency Management will be closed on the County-observed holiday. All emergency services will continue without interruption.
- Head Start: All County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start facilities and Delegate Agencies (Hillsborough County Public Schools, Tampa Metropolitan YMCA and Lutheran Services of Florida) will be closed on Nov. 12
- InfoLine: Hillsborough County’s InfoLine, 813-272-5900, also will be closed on Monday, Nov. 12.
- Libraries: All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative will be closed Sunday, Nov. 11, and Monday, Nov. 12.
- Parks, Recreation and Conservation: All County recreation centers will be closed on Nov. 12. The Brandon and Apollo Beach skate parks are closed on Mondays. All regional parks will be open on Veterans Day and on Nov. 12. The regional parks include Aldermans Ford, Edward Medard, E.G. Simmons, Eureka Springs, Flatwoods, John B. Sergeant, Lake Park, Lake Rogers, Lettuce Lake, Lithia Springs, Morris Bridge, Trout Creek, Upper Tampa Bay, and Upper Tampa Bay Trail.
- Sunshine Line: The Sunshine Line transportation service will not be in operation on Monday, Nov. 12.
- Water and Wastewater Emergencies: The Public Utilities Department customer call center and water/wastewater customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon will be closed on Nov. 12. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to 813-744-5600. Also, the Public Utilities Department’s Water Quality Hotline is answered 24 hours a day. That number is 813-264-3835.
- Constitutional Officers: Offices of the Property Appraiser, Tax Collector, Clerk of the Circuit Court and court facilities will be closed on the County-observed holiday. Post-election issues will determine the schedule for the Supervisor of Elections office.
- Environmental Protection Commission: The offices of the Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County will be closed on Nov. 12.