Guide dog in hit-and-run 'stable' and recovering | News
Tampa, FL-- 10 news has some great news to share with you about the two-year-old guide dog involved in a hit and run crash last Friday.
Abbey, who was struck by the car in front of her owner, Terry Ellrick's St. Petersburg home last Friday, is doing well after surgery.
The community has really stepped in to help Abbey and Ellrick, covering all of her care through donations.
The dog is recovering at BluePearl vet hospital in Carrollwood, and we're told she's stable and resting comfortably.
BluePearl reports that at one point yesterday, every one of their phones lines was busy with people donating money!
Abbey's owner, Terry Ellrick, is legally blind, and alone now while she recovers.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood