All lanes reopen on I-4 east after bus crash | News
Seffner, Florida -- The Florida Highway Patrol has reopened all lanes on I-4 eastbound after a bus crashed into a concrete barrier near Hwy 579.
Authorities say the crash happened around 11:09 this morning when a bus owned by First Baptist Church of College Hill collided with a barrier wall near mile marker 33. The bus then started to smolder and caught on fire.
Photo Gallery: Portion of I-4 closed due to church bus crash
The driver of the bus, identified as Martin Silas, Jr., reportedly suffered a medical event and lost control of the bus. Silas was the only person on the bus at the time and was taken to Tampa General Hospital with minor injuries.
All eastbound lanes have been reopened between I-75 and Hwy 579, however the FDOT weigh station remains closed.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him