Stepdad watches as teen beats peer at bustop | News
Brandon, FL-- A man and his 14-year-old stepson have been arrested after the man reportedly helped the teen plan and execute a brutal attack on one of his peers.
According to reports, it was just before 8:30 Thursday morning when the teen, Jontae Dellano, was driven to the bus stop off the 7700 block of Causeway Blvd. to brutally attack a schoolmate with a sock filled with padlocks.
Dellano's stepfather, 30-year-old Jamal Shields, was the one to drive Dellano to the bus stop, and officials say he also encouraged the attack, watched as it ensued and did absolutely nothing to stop it.
Once Dellano finished beating the victim with the homemade weapon, also known as "sock-n-lock", Shields reportedly drove him home.
Reports say the victim was hospitalized because of his injuries.
According to officials, this attack was the result of a fight that occurred between the two boys two weeks prior at their school, AMI Kids, formerly known as Tampa Marine Institute.
The stepfather, Jamal Shields, was arrested and charged with Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Child.
The teen, Jontae Dellano, was arrested and charged with Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood