Student hit by car leaving school | News
Tampa, Florida -- A middle school student was taken to the hospital Thursday evening after he was hit by a car while trying to cross a road near his school.
Tampa Police say the 12-year-old student of Coleman Middle School was trying to cross Bay to Bay Boulevard at Manhattan Avenue in the crosswalk when he was hit. Police say he was walking against the red light when he was hit by a vehicle that was unable to stop in time.
The boy was taken to Tampa General Hospital with very minor injuries.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood