One dead, another injured in double stabbing | News
Tampa, Florida -- Hillsborough County detectives are investigating a double stabbing that left one man dead and another man in the hospital.
Around 7:30 Sunday night, investigators say a 19-year-old man walked into the 7-Eleven on North Waters Avenue with multiple stab wounds.
He was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
About an hour later, detectives received a call about an unconscious man near the same scene. Responding paramedics found a second man who had been stabbed several times in a dry drainage ditch next to a strip mall.
That man, identified as 45-year-old Ovidio Sanchez, later died from his injuries.
Detectives say the two stabbings are most likely related.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood