Hillsborough DUI patrols out in full force tonight, Christmas Day | News
Hillsborough County, Florida -- The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says it's DUI Enforcement Unit will be out tonight, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day with extra patrol teams on the hunt for impaired drivers.
A $145,000 grant from FDOT that supports more DUI patrols during the "drinking holidays" will fund the additional manpower. The grant will also reportedly fund a public campaign to prevent underage drinking in area high schools.
On New Year's Eve, the entire DUI Enforcement Squad will be on patrol.
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports Hillsborough County had the highest number of alcohol-related fatalities in the state last year with 67 and over 4,500 DUI violations total given out in the county.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood