Elderly woman killed in Spring Hill crash | News
Spring Hill, Florida -- A 75-year-old Spring Hill woman was killed Sunday afternoon after troopers say her car was T-boned at an intersection.
The Florida Highway Patrol says around 1:45 p.m. Gregory Sanchez was heading north on Mariner Boulevard in the inside lane when he got to the intersection at Landover Boulevard. At the same time, Cecilia Diaz was making a left turn onto westbound Landover Boulevard.
Troopers say Sanchez failed to stop his Ford Ranger at the red light and hit the left side of Diaz's Mitsubishi Lancer.
Diaz died at the scene. Sanchez, 25, received minor injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood