Bill McBride memorial service held in Tampa | News
TAMPA, Florida (AP) - A memorial service for former gubernatorial candidate Bill McBride is under way in Tampa.
The service is being held at 1 p.m. Friday at the Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church. It's open to the public, and the family will receive friends in the courtyard of the church at the conclusion of the service.
See Also: Bay area remembers Bill McBride
McBride, 67, died of a heart attack Saturday while on a holiday trip in Mount Airy, N.C. He was visiting the hometown of his wife, Alex Sink, also a former gubernatorial candidate.
McBride, a Tampa lawyer, lost a bid to become Florida's governor against Jeb Bush in 2002.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood