Interbay Blvd. closed due to damaged fire hydrant, sinkhole | News
Tampa, Florida -- The Tampa Water Department has announced the closure of a South Tampa road for repairs after a vehicle crashed into a fire hydrant causing a water main break and resulted in a sinkhole.
Crews have closed both directions of Interbay Boulevard between South 6th Street and South Sheridan Road to repair a section of the road after a fire hydrant was damaged earlier Monday morning. Detour routes are marked for traffic in the area of MacDill and Himes avenues.
Authorities say normal traffic patterns should resume around 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 4, depending on weather conditions. Drivers should use alternate routes for this week.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood