Cops: Brandon couple shooting deemed murder-suicide | News
Brandon, Florida -- Homicide detectives investigating the deaths of a Brandon couple have deemed the incident a murder-suicide.
After a preliminary investigation, detectives say they believe 47-year-old Troy Shannon shot his live-in girlfriend, 44-year-old Sherrie Boyd, and then turned the gun on himself.
The couple's bodies were found by Shannon's parents who returned to the home in the 500 block of Coultier Road Thursday evening.
Investigators estimate the shooting occurred sometime during Dec. 30 and 31.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood