Big changes to I-275 Dale Mabry Exit | News
Tampa, Florida -- If you travel southbound on I-275 as part of your daily commute, expect big changes in the area of Dale Mabry.
The Florida Department of Transportation is closing exit 41 A, the southbound Dale Mabry exit loop and combining it with 41 B, the northbound exit.
The changes took effect at 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Drivers will now share the Dale Mabry exit with the option to turn left onto southbound Dale Mabry or right onto northbound Dale Mabry.
FDOT estimates as many as 13,000 drivers will share the exit on a daily basis.
The closure is permanent and part of a $215 million widening project on I-275 between SR 60/Memorial Highway and the Hillsborough River. The project will add an additional lane in each direction, bringing the total number of lanes to eight and make the roadway flatter to give drivers better visibility.
FDOT's John McShaffrey tells 10 News what you see today will not be what you'll see by the time construction is complete, however drivers will continue to share the Dale Mabry exit.
"It will get better as construction moves along," he said.
Click: I-275 Widening Project
Construction is slated for completion in the Fall of 2016.
More information: mytbi.com: I-275 Widening
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood