HART: Extra transportation for Gasparilla | News
Tampa, FL -- "Arrrgh" you planning on heading to Gasparilla next Saturday? If so, have you thought about how you will get there?
The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority will make it possible for you to party like a pirate, if you so choose, and not have to worry about being the captain of your ship on the way home.
According to a recent release, they will offer extra streetcar, bus and trolley service on the day of the parade, Saturday, Jan. 26.
Getting to Downtown Tampa on HART
- From North Tampa: Routes 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 12, 18
- From Temple Terrace: Route 6
- From Brandon: Route 8
- From West Tampa: Route 7
- From South Tampa: Route 19
- From Citrus Park: Route 7
- From Town 'N Country/Westchase: Route 30
- View entire bus system map
- View Saturday bus schedule
TECO Line Streetcar (while you're downtown)
- For those parking in Ybor City, take the streetcar from Ybor City (Centennial Park Station) to Downtown Tampa (Dick Greco Plaza) View Map for Gasparilla 2013 -- Streetcar and Bus service
- Continuous service 9 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- $5 for an all-day pass, which may be purchased with cash at ticket vending machines (change provided) located at each streetcar station. This fare does not cover the City of Tampa parking fees.
- Stations 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11 will be closed 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Stations 5, 6, 7, 9 will be open for bus service only. See Map for Gasparilla 2013.
HART Bus Service (while you're downtown)
- For those parking in Ybor City, bus service will be available during peak times in the morning and afternoon between Ybor City (Streetcar Society Station) and Downtown Tampa (Dick Greco Plaza) View Map for Gasparilla 2013 -- Streetcar and Bus Service
- $4 for an all-day pass, which may be purchased in advance at HART retail outlets or on board buses on Gasparilla Day with cash only (no change provided). Monthly bus passes may also be used. This fare does not cover City of Tampa parking fees.
In-Town Trolley (while you're downtown)
- Provides a connection from the north end of Downtown Tampa (Marion Transit Center) to the south end of Downtown Tampa (Dick Greco Plaza). View Map for Gasparilla 2013
- Continuous service 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- 25 cents or streetcar/bus all-day passes accepted.
For more information about HART service during this special event, call 813-254-4278 or visit www.goHART.org
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood