Assisted living guard steals elderly residents' credit cards | News
Spring Hill, Florida-- A night guard for a local assisted living facility was arrested for fraud after he stole an elderly live-in's credit card and used it nearly 20 times.
According to reports, Robert McKinney worked at the Evergreen Woods Assisted Living Facility when he stole an 83-year-old's credit card this past December.
The victim's family members noticed suspicious transactions on the card, and it was later determined that McKinney had used it 16 times across various locations.
Hernando deputies were able to identify McKinney in surveillance footage from the stores.
Further investigation revealed that this was not McKinney's first offense either. Another live-in at the same facility also fell victim to his fraud.
Officials arrested McKinney and took him to the Hernando County Detention Center, where his bond was set for $2,000.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him
- Fort Hood shooting victim's body to return to Florida