Water main break on West Shore closes lanes | News
Tampa, Florida-- Three northbound traffic lanes on West Shore Boulevard are closed at Kennedy Boulevard while Tampa Water Department crews repair a leaking, 12-inch water main.
Officials say traffic at this intersection is narrowed to two lanes, with one lane being used to turn left onto Kennedy and a second lane being used for through traffic and right turns onto Kennedy.
Crews are also working to restore water to surrounding buildings and businesses. Shortly after 6 p.m. Monday, officials announced that nearly 30 buildings have water again. Other should regain water access shortly, but all affected water customers are now under a Boil-Water Notice for at least 48 hours.
Repairs are expected to be completed by midnight Monday. Road restoration and resumption of normal traffic patterns are expected by noon on Wednesday, February 6, depending on weather conditions.
Drivers in the area should be cautious, but officials encourage finding an alternate route during this period.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood