South I-275 Lois Ave. exit ramp closes permanently | News
Tampa, Florida-- The Florida Department of Transportation continues to make big changes to Southbound I-275 nearly one month after they closed the S Dale Mabry Highway exit ramp in January.
FDOT officials said in addition to the S Dale Mabry exit ramp, commuters will no longer have access to the southbound Lois Avenue exit ramp either.
"The portion of the southbound I-275 Exit 40B ramp that allows traffic to go south on Lois Avenue closed permanently this morning," reps explained Tuesday. "For now, the ramp movement to northbound Lois Avenue will remain open."
But, they said it won't stay that way forever.
"The future interchange configuration will have southbound I-275 traffic exit to Cypress Street, just east of Lois Avenue."
During the construction, commuters will have access to a detour to get to Southbound Lois Avenue. It is as follows:
- Take the next exit, Exit 40 A Westshore Blvd.
- Turn right and go north to Cypress St.
- Turn right
- Go east to get to Lois Avenue
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood