Officials: Fireworks named cause of recycling plant fire | News
Tampa, Florida-- Fireworks. That's what Hillsborough Fire Rescue crews are saying caused Monday's massive, 10-hour fire at the OneSteel Recycling Plant in Tampa.
According to reports, the "pyrotechnic material", also known as fireworks, accidentally ignited when a certain container was processed for recycling.
Crews credit the intensely hot metal at the facility for the hours and hours of flames.
OneSteel Recycling cooperated fully in the investigation.
Wednesday's report maintains that no one was injured in the incident.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him