10-year-old shot in the head with BB gun | News
Frostproof, Florida -- Deputies say a 10-year-old Polk County boy was critically injured while he and his older brother were shooting at targets with BB guns.
Detectives say the victim, Skyler Richardson, and his 13-year-old brother Taylor, were outside of the family's home Wednesday evening, shooting targets with their BB rifles. The children's mother, 34-year-old Heather Richardson was inside preparing dinner.
As the boys were playing, Taylor pointed his gun at Skyler and the 10-year-old boy was struck in the head at close range. Taylor told his mother and emergency medical services were notified.
Skyler was airlifted to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, where he remains in critical condition.
Skyler's injuries appear to be accidental. The investigation is on-going.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him