Toss unwanted meds during "Operation Medicine Cabinet" | News
Hillsborough County, Florida-- As part of local law enforcement's ongoing effort to crack down on illegal pill mills and prevent prescription drug abuse, they have schedules a "drug take-back day" for this Saturday, April 27.
"Operation Medicine Cabinet", as they're calling it, will allow residents to drop off unused or expired prescription medications- anonymously and with no questions asked- so as to prevent potentially dangerous drugs from getting into the wrong hands.
The following three collection sites will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
Sponsored by Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office:
- Sweetbay Supermarket- 2535 State Road 60 East, Valrico, Florida 33594
- Sweetbay Supermarket- 15692 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa, FL 33618
Sponsored by Tampa Police Department:
- Sweetbay Supermarket- 2525 North Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa, FL 33607
The Hillsborough County Anti-Drug Alliance supports this take back initiative, and will have volunteers and educational materials on hand at the collection sites.
This event is part of a nationwide initiative.
Click here to find other collection sites, and to access more information on the DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back day.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood