Police: Mom left in hot car while son buys drugs | News
Brooksville, Florida - Brooksville Police have arrested a man they say left his elderly mother in an unventilated, hot car while he tried to buy drugs.
Detectives say Kenneth Lawson, 65, had his 87-year-old mother in his Chevy Impala Saturday afternoon when he made a stop to buy crack.
Brooksville Police spotted the car parked behind a gas station on Ponce De Leon Boulevard with the engine off and the windows rolled up with the elderly woman inside.
Lawson faces a charge of Neglect of an Elderly or Disabled Person and is being held in the Hernando County Jail.
Lawson's mother is in good condition after the ordeal.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him