UPDATE: Missing Hernando Co. woman found dead | News
Hernando County, Florida -- UPDATE: The Hernando County Sheriff's Office says family members located Tonya Hudson's body in the area of Ernie Weaver Park on Youth Drive in Brooksville.
The medical examiner will determine her exact cause of death, but deputies say preliminary evidence indicates she died from an apparent suicide.
The Hernando County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding a woman who has been missing since Thursday.
Tonya Hudson was last seen on Jan. 9, after she left her home on Ponce De Leon Boulevard around 3 p.m. to go for a walk. Her family has become extremely concerned for her well being. Tonya Hudson is described as:
- 5'2" and 150 lbs.
- Has black hair and green eyes
- Was last seen wearing a white tank top, red shorts
- Has a flip flops tattoo on her upper left arm. Also has tattos that say "Garron 2005" and "Elvis"
If you have seen or know the current whereabouts of Tonya McCoy Hudson, please contact the Hernando County Sheriff's at 352-754-6830.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him