12 arrested in nationwide drug trafficking bust | News
Tampa, FL -- Twelve people from the Tampa Bay area were arrested Wednesday for their part in a nationwide drug trafficking and money laundering operation.
An investigation led by ICE Homeland Security Investigations, the DEA, TPD and numerous local agencies, arrested 19 in total from California and Florida seizing more than $1.5 million in cash and six luxury vehicles.
The men arrested include:
- Robert Hayes (35, Tampa, Florida)
- Jabulani Bendar Seay (34, Tampa, Florida)
- Gwendolyn Shank (54, Tampa, Florida)
- Carlos Byron Smith (32, Tampa Florida)
- Alejandro Arias Perez (40, Dade City, Florida)
- Jennifer Lynn Thomas (32, Dade City, Florida)
- Enrique Hernandez Ramirez (41, Dade City, Florida)
- Ronald Lee Carrick (50, Zephyrhills, Florida)
- Chester John Floyd (48, Lithia, Florida)
- Luis Manuel Garcia (38, Plant City, Florida)
- Pedro Lazaro Rodriguez (27, Seffner, Florida)
- Jerry Lloyd Nichols (54, Lakeland, Florida).
According to the indictments, beginning in at least 2009 through June of 2011, the men sold cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana and laundered their drug money.
If convicted on all counts, each faces a mandatory minimum of ten years in federal prison and a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.