Woman confesses to killing husband on Christmas Eve | News
Spring Hill, Florida -- Karen Biraghi, 39, will remain in jail without bond while she awaits trial for killing her husband while he slept on Christmas Eve.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, Biraghi told a detective during an interview she was having marital problems with her husband of 11 years, Alan, and he was in the process of moving out.
She said early in the morning of Dec. 24, she twice shot him point blank in the back of head as he slept on the couch. She told the detective he never moved.
Biraghi said she then drove to her parents' house and told them what happened. She then called 911 that afternoon, saying she wanted to turn herself in.
Biraghi's parents, Patricia and Kenneth Wells, drove her back to the home to wait for police. When police arrived, Biraghi walked out of the home with her hands in the air and was arrested without incident.
Biraghi made a first appearance in front of a judge Monday, who advised she remain in custody without bond for First Degree Murder.
Previous Story: Wife shoots, kills husband on Christmas Eve
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him